There is no time commitment or minimum engagement required to be an Advocate.
Individuals can participate in and engage with the group as much or as little as they like. There are, however, six general asks of each Advocate, irrespective of their level of engagement:
1. Adopt the ethos of helping one another for the greater good as a means of establishing a strong and vibrant technology and tech-enabled business sector.
2. Be supportive of Toronto tech and other tech hubs across Canada.
3. Attend and contribute to events (bring attendees, bring champions or potential sponsors).
4. Help in organizing events (online and offline).
5. Contribute actively to the online community, help spread the word.
6. When ready, introduce new potential Advocates to TCA that you have carefully judged will be a good fit with TCA’s mission.
In either case, the founding team will explain the purpose, goals and various elements of Tech Canada Advocates to you and ask you some general questions about your intended participation in the group.
TCA membership is open to anyone, and the group has no joining or membership fees, but Advocates invite Advocates. This approach helps maintain the integrity and mission of the group, which is beyond a simple business network.